Gerente de Programas, Defensa de Derechos y Participación Cívica
Puesto de tiempo completo para personas bilingues disponible inmediatamente
El Vínculo Hispano seeks a dynamic and motivated individual to lead our Advocacy and Civic Engagement Program. The program’s primary goals are to build long-term power among directly impacted Latinxs and protect and advance the rights of immigrants in North Carolina. This position is funded through December 2021.
Annual salary range of $31,200 to $34,300 according to experience, plus 10 days vacation, 11 holidays, 12 days’ sick leave and health insurance stipend.
- Create safe spaces for directly impacted Hispanics to meet, identify issues of common concern, and develop strategies to address these issues
- Coordinate leadership, civic engagement, and know your rights trainings for community members
- Develop a rapid response network to address raids and deportations
- Assist in the case management for families impacted by raids or deportations
- Participate in regional and statewide coalitions to advance immigrants’ rights and prevent the passage of anti-immigrant legislation in NC
- Engage in Census 2020 efforts to ensure that Latinx families participate and are counted
- Educate allies, agencies, churches and law enforcement on the issues facing immigrants
- Collaborate with other organizations and agencies to implement the Faith ID program in Chatham County
- Participate in voter outreach and education
- Engage a diverse group of people in these efforts, including adults, LGBTQ, directly impacted Latinxs, allies, and professionals
- Recruit and manage program volunteers
- Manage program related social media and text messaging service
- Assist in raising funds for the program and organization
- Prepare reports to the board of directors and program funders
- Participate in other organizational activities and events
- Utilize our database and other tools to track program data and results
- At least 2 years of experience in community organizing with Latinxs
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Spanish
- College degree preferred
- Organized and strategic
- Open minded and team player
- Committed to social justice and equity
- Strong commitment and passion for the Latinx community and the mission of EVH
- Ability to work with individuals from varying socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Knowledgeable about Latin American culture
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Able to manage multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to motivate and inspire community members and allies
- Ability to personally relate to immigrants’ experiences
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Knowledgeable of racial and gender equity principals
- Experience with grant writing and fundraising a plus
- Experience with volunteer management a plus
Email résumé and bilingual cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “advocacy and civic engagement”. Position open until filled. No phone calls please.
EVH is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religious beliefs, disability, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation.